Program 303a: Hungarian Country Vacation; Basque Country
Release Date: 04-11-2015
Get suggestions for relaxing in Hungary’s countryside, long a favorite for low-stress family vacations. Rick also checks in with listeners planning family trips to the UK and Ireland. Then get tips for exploring the Basque Country of Spain and France, where top-notch food, modern art, and deep-seated traditions make for a colorful trip to this unique region.
- Péter Pölczman, tour guide based in Budapest, Hungary
- Eszter Bokros, tour guide based in Budapest, Hungary
- Francisco Glaría, tour guide based in Pamplona, Spain
- Find out about Peter Polzman
- Wikipedia has entries on the town of Pecs in southern Hungary, Lake Balaton, and the Danube Bend region.
- Check out the Museum of Liverpool and the Merseyside Maritime Museum.
- Information about Picasso's "Guernica" painting, which is displayed in a special gallery in the Museo Reina Sofia 20th century art museum, on the Paseo del Prado in Madrid.
- An extensive guide to the pintxos of San Sebastian.
- The website to the Guggenheim Modern Art Museum in Bilbao, Spain.
- Time magazine ran an article in early 2011 about the ETA Basque separatists declaring a cease-fire.