Program 308: Surviving Sinterklaas; Walk Like a Parisian; Streets of Madrid
Release Date: 12-01-2012
Hear how the Dutch and the Swedes get their holiday season started. Get advice for blending in with the locals next time you're in Paris. Also, get tips for enjoying the expanded pedestrian zones on the streets of Madrid.
- Jonathan Groubert, journalist based in The Netherlands
- Mary Bouron, tour guide based in Paris
- Federico García Barroso, tour guide based in Madrid
- Javier Menor, tour guide based in Madrid
- Wikipedia has a detailed entry on the Sinterklaas traditions of the Low Countries.
- Mary Bouron’s blog is called "How To Marry A Frenchman," and includes a link to her Paris tours called "Walk Like a Parisian."
- Federico Garcia Barroso's website.
- There is a short interview with Javier Menor in the tour section of our website.
- Trip Advisor has reviews of El Madroño tapas bar, near Madrid's Plaza Mayor. It's the place Javier mentions which serves madroño liqueur in edible chocolate shot glasses.
- Wikipedia has entries on the popular bullfighter Francisco Rivera Ordóñez, and on his brother Cayetano Rivera Ordóñez, who is also a model for Armani.