Program 317: The Inca Trail; Ottoman Turkey; Medieval Castles in Wales
Release Date: 03-02-2013
- Carolina Miranda, lead author of the Lonely Planet Peru guidebook
- Lale Surmen Aran, proprietor of SRM Travel in Istanbul, and co-author of the Rick Steves Istanbul guidebook
- Martin deLewandowicz, tour guide and medieval castle expert from Wales
- Caroline Miranda is lead author for the Lonely Planet's Peru guidebooks.
- Wikipedia has information, links and photos to Istanbul's Military Museum and Dolmabahçe Palace, the Sultan Ahmed "Blue" Mosque, and Topkapi Palace.
- Lale Surmen Aran runs SRM Travel in Istanbul, which specializes in guided tours in Turkey.
- Information about Conwy and Chepstow castles in Wales.
Pgm 317 Haiku
Streets of Derry, stones
remember ancient dreams
and recent Troubles
— Kerry Dexter, Tallahassee, Florida
All around the world
Little children are the same:
Boys tease. Girls giggle.
— J. Bruce Payette, Islamorada, Florida
Brand new, but feel I'm at home.
I saw Rick today.
— Erin Sutter, Edmonds, Washington
Pgm 317 extra - Rick and Carolina Miranda discuss more details about hiking the 26-mile mountainous Inca Trail, to absorb more about the Inca Empire, and the need to acclimate to the 14,000 foot altitude when you first arrive in Cuzco. (runs 2:23)