Program 321: Ask Rick; A Heart for Street Art; Urban Explorers
Release Date: 04-06-2013
- Nicolina Johnson, aka 'Nicolina," artist and founder of The Free Art Society and proprietor of "Paint the Town" in New York City
- Moses Gates, New York City tour guide and author of "Hidden Cities: A Memoir of Urban Exploration" (Tarcher-Penguin)
- Nicolina's website includes photos from her flutuarte project painting fishing boats in Rio de Janiero, and from her Hearts of the World and Free Art Society projects.
- Nicolina often uses the Couchsurfing website to find welcoming out-of-town accommodations.
- Moses Gates' New York City touring and city exploration website includes blog articles with photos from Moses' bridge climbs.
- Tarcher Books' website for Moses Gates' book "Hidden Cities" includes a video preview of some of the adventures in his book, and a link to his frequent Twitter postings in the "Press and Events" section of the site.
- Wikipedia includes an entry for "cataphiles" about the "unofficial" parts of the catacombs of Paris, which includes several links for further information in French.
Pgm 321 extra - Moses Gates tells Rick why he thinks New York City should explore officially-sanctioned bridge climbs, like they do in Sydney, and how his intentions to do less "urban exploring" as he gets older don't seem to be panning out. (runs 2:09)