Program 323: Palestine Tourism; No Opportunity Wasted
Release Date: 04-27-2013
- Pamela Olson, author of "Fast Times in Palestine" (Seal Press)
- CBS-TV "Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan, author of "No Opportunity Wasted" (Rodale Books)
- Pamela Olson's website includes a chapter from her book, "Fast Times in Palestine."
- The Taybeh microbrewery in Palestinian Israel claims to brew the finest beer in the Middle East.
- Information about Palestine's last kufiyeh factory in Hebron.
- Phil Keoghan hosts "The Amazing Race" on CBS-TV.
- Phil Keoghan also hosted an adventure program that aired on Discovery Networks called "No Opportunity Wasted." The NOW website includes Phil's bio and "life lists," and a link to his book.
- Here's a link to a two-minute trailer for Phil Keoghan's film "The Ride," about his cycle ride across the United States to raise funds for Multiple Sclerosis research. The film has aired on Showtime.
Program 323 Extra - Caller Scott from Reno, Nevada asks Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan about his most memorable experiences bike touring. Phil describes a cross-country bike trip to raise money for the Multiple Sclorosis Society, and how his film, "The Ride," is still raising funds for MS research. Phil also tells us about his plan for this summer to retrace an historical Tour de France route of a litte-known New Zealand cyclist who participated in the race in 1928. (runs 8:17)