Program 324: Journeying with the People's Guide to Mexico; Dutch Treats
Release Date: 05-04-2013
Discover how you can enjoy Mexico and the Netherlands like you're one of the family. The authors of The People's Guide to Mexico recommend how to make your next trip south of the border extra-fun and culturally-rewarding. Also, Rick looks into family-friendly cultural treats that you can enjoy in the Netherlands, including Europe's guilty TV pleasure, the annual Eurovision Song Contest.
- Carl Franz and Lorena Havens, co-authors of The Peoples Guide to Mexico (Avalon Travel)
- Netherlands-based journalist Jonathan Groubert, co-host of the What's Up Amsterdam podcast
- Wikipedia provides detailed information and photos about the baroque city of Zacatecas, which Lorena says is one of her favorites in Mexico..
- Wikitravel has a short article on the traditional village of Marken, north of Amsterdam.
- Jonathan recommends visiting the Kröller-Müller Museum in National Park The Hoge Veluwe. There are three entrances to the Park; at Otterlo, Hoenderloo, and at Schaarsbergen. Rick adds the Netherlands Open Air folk museum at Arnhem is another worthwhile attraction nearby.
- The Netherlands' NEMO Science Museum's exhibits include interactive activities for children.