Program 329: Sorrento; A Pilot's Advice; Open Phones: Fun at Any Age
Release Date: 06-22-2013
Guides from Sorrento explain how their cliffside city is an easy hop to historical and scenic adventures, and also a great place to relax with a chilled glass of homemade limoncello. We'll also get a commercial pilot's perspective on the airline industry with tips for enjoying your next flight. Finally, Rick checks in with listeners "of a certain age" who have fun travel reports to share.
- Tour guides Ann Long and Aldo Valerio, based near Sorrento, Italy
- Commercial pilot Patrick Smith, author of "Cockpit Confidential" (Sourcebooks)
- Rick writes about the highlights in Sorrento, Naples, and along Italy's scenic Amalfi Coast.
- Patrick Smith's "Ask the Pilot" website includes a link to his latest book, "Cockpit Confidential," and a Q and A forum for flight information.
- The Wainwright Society organizes information for planning a personalized "Coast to Coast" Walk in England, based on the writing of the late Alfred Wainwright and his "Pictorial Guides to the Lakeland Fells."
- Hostelz.com says it is the world's largest database of hostel accommodations. Hostelling International includes a reservation system on its website for staying at its member hostels.
Pgm 329 Extra - Rick and commercial pilot Patrick Smith discuss pilot salaries, and a caller from Georgia joins them to discuss noise-reduction headphones and coping with noisy airports. (runs 4:53)