Program 339: Mexico Road Trips; 21st-Century Women in Italy; Open Phones: Feedback
Release Date: 09-21-2013
The experts from The People's Guide to Mexico offer tips for enjoying an independent road trip to explore Mexico on your own. Hear about the frustrations many women face in Italy when they try to break some very old gender stereotypes. Also Rick checks in with listeners responding to past topics and guests.
- Carl Franz and Lorena Havens, authors of The People's Guide to Mexico (Avalon Travel)
- Francesca Caruso, tour guide based in Rome
- Nina Bernardo, tour guide based in Rome
- Lisa Anderson, tour guide based in the Piemonte region of Italy
- Outtake from Alfio Di Mauro, tour guide based in Sicily (from Sept. 2012 funder)
- Carl Franz and Lorena Havens have authored The People's Guide to Mexico since 1972. It's now out in its 14th edition.
- There are short interviews with Lisa Anderson, Nina Bernardo and Alfio Di Mauro in the tour section of our website
- Francesca Caruso's website includes her contact information.
Program 339 Extra #1 - Carl Franz recalls an early experience trying to speak Spanish to a policeman in Mexico, plus Rick, Carl and Lorena recall the speed bumps on the roads in the Yucatan. (runs 2:09)
Program 339 Extra #2 - Nina, Lisa, and Francesca contrast the legal issues of getting divorced in Italy versus in the USA, and look at the scenario behind the latest statistics on Italy's low birth rate. (runs 3:06)