Program 342a: Rome After Dark; Underground NYC
Release Date: 09-19-2015
People-watching and relaxing in the night air in one of Rome’s picturesque public piazzas: Get tips for enjoying Rome’s more intimate side after sunset. Then a guide to New York City tells us where you can get in touch with the city's forgotten history and its multicultural character, and hear from a few daring souls who find adventure in high places.
- Francesca Caruso, tour guide based in Rome
- Gene Openshaw, art and history specialist, co-author of "Rick Steves' Europe 101"
- Moses Gates, NYC tour guide and author of "Hidden Cities: A Memoir of Urban Exploration" (Tarcher-Penguin)
- Francesca Caruso's website includes her contact information.
- Gene Openshaw co-authors Rick's art and history book, "Europe 101."
- Rick wrote a blog posting a few years ago about "Rome By Night."
- Moses Gates' New York City touring and city exploration website includes blog articles with photos from Moses' bridge climbs.
- Moses includes a brief promotional video for Hidden Cities on You Tube.
- Tarcher/Penguin Books includes a short Q and A with Moses Gates on its website.
- The No. 7 "Flushing" train line in Queens goes to several national heritage sites.
- Caller Monique enjoyed a guided tour of the Lower East Side Tenement Museum.