Program 347: More Loire Valley Chateau Country; Exploring Brittany; Notorious Royal Marriages
Release Date: 12-13-2013
In the Loire Valley in central France, dozens of historic estates are ready to impress you with everything from elaborate gardens and architecture to authentic displays of medieval hunting and defense techniques. Plus, two guides recommend the sites in Brittany where even the rocks can show you a good time. Also, Leslie Carroll digs up juicy backstories on Europe's ruling families, and their "notorious royal marriages."
- French tour guide Danielle Farineau
- Virginie Moré and Mark Seymour, tour guides based in Brittany
- Leslie Carroll, author of "Notorious Royal Marriages" and other titles about historical royalty (NAL Trade)
- Carnac is a World Heritage Site in Brittany, containing more than 4,000 standing stones.
- The annual Festival Interceltique de Lorient is the big Celtic music festival held every August in the town of Lorient in Brittany.
- Leslie Carroll’s website and blog includes links to her latest work "Royal Romances," and her latest novel, "Confessions of Marie Antoinette," written under the pen name Juliet Grey.
- Leslie Carroll's books are listed on the Goodreads website.
- An interview with Leslie Carroll, aka Juliet Grey, about completing her trilogy of Marie Antionette novels, is on the Between-the-Pages blog.
Program 347 Extra - Rick lists some of the most distinctive chateaux you can visit in the Loire Valley.