Program 351: Italy On and Off the Rails; Romantic Amalfi Coast
Release Date: 01-11-2014
There's a lot you can understand about Italy by observing how they operate their rail lines. Author and long-time Verona resident Tim Parks lets us in on the Italian way of doing things. Guides from the scenic Amalfi Coast take listener calls and share highlights of their corner of Italy, from Positano to the isle of Capri.
- Tim Parks, author of "Italian Ways: On and Off the Rails from Milan to Palermo" (Norton)
- Ann Long and Aldo Valerio, tour guides based in Italy
- Tim Parks wrote the best seller "Italian Neighbours" about his experience settling into Italy, and he's also authored a number of novels. His website includes information about his latest book, "Italian Ways: On and Off the Rails from Milan to Palermo."
- Wikipedia lists Tim Parks' bibliography and works he has translated from Italian to English.
- The New York Times reviewed Tim Parks' latest book, "Italian Ways."
- WikiTravel lists basic information about Positano and Praiano on the Amalfi Coast and the nearby island of Capri.