Program 360: Joanna Lumley's Travels; Holy Toledo; Good Night and God Bless
Release Date: 04-05-2014
British actress and global traveler Joanna Lumley tells Rick why her family is revered in Bhutan, then Spanish tour guides describe the highlights of their country's spiritual capital, Toledo. Plus, guidebook author Trish Clark shares tips for finding an affordable room and a good breakfast in Europe's convents and monasteries.
- British actress Joanna Lumley
- Spanish tour guides Jorge Román and Francisco Glaría
- Trish Clark, author of the "Good Night and God Bless" guidebook series (Paulist Press)
- Joanna Lumley has her professional accomplishments and the many charities she represents, including the Gurkha Justice Campaign, listed in her entry on Wikipedia.
- Joanna's travel documentaries about the Nile River and Greece are distributed in North American by Athena.
- The New York Times and Wikipedia summarize the sites in Toledo, Spain.
- Google Images features dozens of photos of different marzipan treats available in Toledo.
- You can examine El Greco's painting of "The Burial of the Count of Orgaz" at Santo Tomé in Toledo, online at the Web Gallery of Art.
- Trish Clark's "Good Night and God Bless" website includes e-book guides to monastery and convent accommodations in Europe and Australia.
- Trish mentions the Abbey of Solesmes in France as being important in the revival of Gregorian chant.
- The Casa de Santa Brigida in Rome is reviewed on Trip Advisor.