Program 364: Monaco; Norway's Fjord Country; Travel Faux Pas
Release Date: 05-17-2014
Get tips for enjoying the scenic fjord country of Norway, currently celebrating its 200 years as a nation. Then listen in as we chat about what makes the tiny Riviera principality of Monaco sparkle, and listeners share tales of faux pas they committed while traveling abroad.
- Hilbren Buys and Gaelle Pacheco Buys, European tour guides based in Brussels
- Lisa Rybloom, tour guide to Norway
- Wikipedia has detailed information about the principality of Monaco and the quarter of Monte Carlo.
- Besides working as a tour guide, Hilbren Buys is also a lecturer in Geopolitics at the European Communication School in Brussels.
- Hilbren Buys co-starred in a 2010 Belgian film short called "Should the Wife Confess?"
- The website for the Formula One World Championship Grand Prix of Monaco.
- The official website for the Festival de Cannes, the famous film festival in nearby Cannes, France.
- The website for making ferry reservations in Norway is called "Fjord1."
- The National Museum in Oslo.
- Wikipedia posts photos of Naerofjord and Sognefjord on its site.
- Lisa Rybloom mentions Norwegian Airlines as a good low-cost European airline.
- May 17, 2014 is the 200th anniversary of the signing of Norway's Constitution at Eidsvoll.
- Wikitravel outlines tourism highlights of Diyarbakir, in southeastern Turkey, where caller Carol had spent a year in the 1960s.
- Mexico City's Chapultepec, where caller Elizabeth relates an encounter with someone dressed as a chicken, is one of the largest municipal parks in the Americas.