Program 372: Albania; Walking Vienna; Living as a Borderless European
Release Date: 07-19-2014
Hear why Albania ranks high for seasoned travelers on the list of places to discover as it emerges from decades of isolation. Get tips for enjoying the arts and comforts of Vienna where every day is like a Sunday afternoon. Find out what the freedom to relocate within the European Union feels like. Rick also recounts his first unescorted trip to Europe out of high school in the summer of '73.
- David Willett, Australian-based tour guide specializing in southeast Europe
- Ben Curtis, tour guide specializing in the Balkans, associate professor of political science at Seattle University, and author of "A Traveler's History of Croatia" (Interlink) and "The Habsburgs: The History of a Dynasty" (Bloomsbury).
- Andrea Wolf, Austrian-based tour guide
- Susanna Perrucchini, Italy-born tour guide based in Madrid
- Tricia Brady, Scottish-born tour guide based in Italy
- Gene Openshaw, co-author of "Rick Steves' Europe 101" (Avalon)
More with Susanna Perrucchini - Susanna Perrucchini and Tricia Brady talk about the ex-pat communities, and bureaucratic hurdles, that they have encountered in their adopted European countries. (runs 2:44)