Program 375: Prague's Coronation Way; Portugal's Algarve; Drive Me Wild
Release Date: 08-16-2014
Hear how you can view ten centuries of architecture along the Coronation Way in Old Town Prague. Find out about the Algarve region of Portugal where the beach, sun and seafood are now the main attraction. Or, try life in an RV the way author Christina Nealson did for five years exploring the back roads of the West.
- Jana Hronkova, tour guide based in Prague
- Katerina Svobodova, tour guide based in Prague
- Tour guide Robert Wright
- Cristina Duarte, tour guide based in Lisbon
- Christina Nealson, author of "Drive Me Wild" (Wildwords)
- Rick Steves' travel guide to Prague.
- Prague Castle posts an online cultural calender on its website.
- Wikipedia notes Prague Castle is the largest ancient castle in the world, and is the home of the President of the Czech Republic.
- Strahov Monastery offers a prime view of Prague, as well as being a major attraction itself.
- The caller in this week's program extra describes using a Czech-based company, P.A.T.H. Finders, to research his family lineage there.
- Rick Steves' travel guide to Portugal's Algarve region.
- Lonely Planet posts a list of top things to do in the Algarve.
- Kevin Gould writes in The Guardian about walking to Land's End in the Algarve.
- Tips for visiting the town of Salema in the Algarve, including transportation options.
- Christina Nealson is the author of "Drive Me Wild: A Western Odyssey" (Wildwords) and the recently-updated "New Mexico's Sanctuaries, Retreats, and Sacred Places" (Wildwords)
- Christina Nealson blogs about her latest adventures in the San Juan islands and the Skagit Valley of Washington State.
More about Czech Genealogy - A caller from Asheville, North Carolina tells Rick about researching his Czech genealogy with www.pathfinders.cz, and finding family sites outside of Prague. (runs 2:37)