Program 375a: Prague's Coronation Way; Portugal's Algarve; Drive Me Wild
Release Date: 04-16-2016
Hear how you can view 10 centuries of architecture when you walk along the Coronation Way in Old Town Prague. Then learn about Portugal's sunny Algarve coast, once believed to be the end of the world. And perhaps get inspired to try life on the road by author Christina Nealson, who describes her RV-fueled explorations of the back roads of the American West.
- Jana Hronkova, tour guide based in Prague
- Katerina Svobodova, tour guide based in Prague
- Tour guide Robert Wright
- Cristina Duarte, tour guide based in Lisbon
- Christina Nealson, author of "Drive Me Wild" (Wildwords)
- Rick Steves' travel guide to Prague.
- Prague Castle posts an online cultural calender on its website. Wikipedia notes Prague Castle is the largest ancient castle in the world, and is the home of the President of the Czech Republic
- Strahov Monastery offers a prime view of Prague, as well as being a major attraction itself.
- The caller in this week's program extra describes using a Czech-based company, P.A.T.H. Finders, to research his family lineage there.
- Rick Steves' travel guide to Portugal's Algarve region.
- Lonely Planet posts a list of top things to do in the Algarve.
- Kevin Gould writes in The Guardian about walking to Land's End in the Algarve.
- The Costa Vicentina Natural Park provides more than 100km of coastline access.
- Evora is an atmospheric inland medieval town.
- Christina Nealson blogs about her latest adventures in the San Juan islands and the Skagit Valley of Washington State.
Program 375a Extra - A caller from Asheville, North Carolina tells Rick about researching his Czech genealogy with www.pathfinders.cz, and finding family sites outside of Prague. (runs 2:37)