Program 397: Dynamic Berlin; Debating the European Economic Crisis
Release Date: 03-07-2015
Get a peek behind the news to hear first-hand how Spaniards and Greeks are coping with Europe’s economic crisis — then hear the other side of the debate as we turn to look at thriving Berlin, which has continually attracted newcomers ever since it reunited 25 years ago.
- Holger Zimmer, radio producer and tour guide from Berlin
- Maisie Hitchcock, podcast co-host and tour guide from Berlin
- Anastasia Gaitanou, tour guide from Thessaloniki, Greece
- Francisco Glaría, tour guide from Pamplona, Spain
- Hilbren Buys, tour guide and educator from Brussels
- There is travel planning information about Berlin on the Rick Steves website, and further details about its neighborhoods, including Prenzlauer Berg and Kreuzberg, on Wikipedia.
- Holger Zimmer works at Berlin's public broadcaster RBB.
- Maisie Hitchcock co-hosts the Radio Spaetkauf podcast about ex-pat life in Berlin.
- Francisco Glaria specializes in guiding visitors in the Navarra region of Spain with Novotour in Pamplona.
- Anastasia Gaitanou has a listing on the World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations
- Besides working as a tour guide, Hilbren Buys is also a lecturer in Geopolitics at the European Communication School in Brussels.
More with Maisie Hitchcock - Maisie Hitchcock tells Rick and Holger Zimmer that she recommends hanging out where government workers and politicians like to get some sun, along the Spree riverbank in Berlin. (runs :52)