Program 403: Into the Wind; Nomadic Matt's Budget Travel Tips; Listener Adventures
Release Date: 05-09-2015
Jake Ducey describes what the world taught him after he dropped out of college and spent half a year wandering far from home, then blogger "Nomadic Matt" shares budget travel tips that allow you to see the world in comfort on $50 a day, whatever your age. Plus listeners share tales from their unforgettable adventures.
- Jake Ducey, author of "Into the Wind" and "The Purpose Principles" (Tarcher-Penguin)
- Matt Kepnes, author of "How to Travel the World on $50 a Day" (Perigee) and the NomadicMatt blog and website.
- Jake Ducey includes video of his ten minute TedX speech on his website.
- Jake Ducey also posts short videos of his thoughts at the Huffington Post.
- San Diego Free Press interview with Jake (from Jan. 2014).
- Matt Kepnes offers budget travel tips on NomadicMatt.com.
- Matt has written the best-seller "How to Travel the World on $50 A Day."
- The Paris Museum Pass is one of Matt's favorite city passes.
- Two major players in the "sharing economy" that Matt relies on are Airbnb and Couchsurfing.
More with Jake Ducey - Rick chats further with Jake Ducey, author of "Into the Wind" and "The Purpose Principles," about what Jake learned after vagabonding in Thailand, Indonesia, Australia and Guatemela. (runs 5:06)