Program 429: Fresh Start in Ireland; Travel Smarts; Travel Plans
Release Date: 01-02-2016
Hear how an American found delight, and a fresh start, in rural Ireland — even after an unwelcome medical diagnosis ended his career. Then consumer-travel expert Christopher Elliott explains the pros and cons of travel insurance, and lets us in on the tacked-on costs of many “bargain” airfares. And listeners share their plans for overseas travel in the year ahead.
- Trevis Gleason, author of "Chef Interrupted"
- Travel columnist Christopher Elliott, founder of Elliott.org and author of "How to Be the World's Smartest Traveler" (National Geographic Books)
- Trevis Gleason's book is called "Chef Interrupted."
- Trevis Gleason also blogs about health issues of living with multiple sclerosis on the EverydayHealth.com website.
- Elliott.org hosts a travelers' consumer help forum online.
- Christopher Elliott was a co-founder of Travelers United, which advocates for travelers' interests with government policy makers in Washington DC.
- Christopher Elliott writes The Insider column for National Geographic Traveler.
- Photos and film clips from Dublin during the time of the Easter Rising in 1916 are posted on YouTube.
- The American ex-pat author of the "Surviving in Italy" blog writes that everyone should live in Italy at some point in their life.