Program 434a: New Northwest Passage; Dispatches from Mississippi; Serendipity
Release Date: 07-21-2018
Kathleen Winter tells us what her voyage into the Northwest Passage taught her about the world. Richard Grant left the bustle of Manhattan to buy an old farmhouse in the Mississippi Delta. Plus, listeners share tales of memorable stories from the people they've met overseas.
- Kathleen Winter, author of "Boundless: Tracing Land and Dream in a New Northwest Passage" (Counterpoint)
- Richard Grant, author of "Dispatches from Pluto: Lost and Found in the Mississippi Delta" (Simon & Schuster)
- Kathleen Winter's website. She also has posted thoughts from her travels at the Livejournal blog.
- Counterpoint Press posts an interview with Kathleen Winter conducted by National Geographic about her travel memoir "Boundless."
- Bluesman Jimmy "Duck" Holmes operates the Blues Front Café in Bentonia, Mississippi.
- Martha Foose writes about Southern cooking specialties from her home base in Pluto for Garden and Gun magazine.
- Lisdoonvarna, a village in Ireland's County Clare, is famous for its Matchmaking Festival in September.