Program 446: Wild Europe; Greece 2016; France 2016
Release Date: 06-04-2016
The producer of "Bear Trek" talks about the bears and wolves that still live in Romania, Scotland, and the Alps, and discusses efforts to "re-wild" the open spaces of Europe. Then tour guides take calls to help listeners plan summer vacations to far-flung corners of Greece and France.
- Ecologist and filmmaker Chris Morgan
- Tour guides to Greece Ionna Papakosta, Anastasia Gaitanou, David Willett
- Tour guides to France Patrick Vidal and Julie Sonveau
- Chris Morgan's website includes a link to his Facebook postings. Chris has also produced the film "Bear Trek," in which he traces the condition of bears on four continents. His "Bears of the Last Frontier" series has aired on "Nature" on PBS.
- More information about Paul Lister's Alladale reserve in Scotland.
- The Visit Greece website discusses tourism to places the apostle Paul visited in Greece.
- Contact information for tour guide Anastasia Gaitanou.
- The guides note there is good hiking in France's Massif Central region. They also recommend the region around the Tarn River.
- A medieval castle is being built by hand at Guedelon, in the Burgundy region of France.
- A guide to Dijon, France.
- The 2016 Avignon Music Festival, Festival d'Avignon, is being held July 6-24.
- An online interview with tour guide Julie Sonveau.