Program 458a: Adventure Divas; Norse Mythology; Acropolis
Release Date: 02-16-2019
Get a taste of Norse mythology and a glimpse of the Vikings' complex view of the cosmos. Plus, hear how Athens' Acropolis remains a powerful symbol of civilized democracy 2,500 years since it was built, and learn about the courageous subjects of filmmaker Holly Morris' "Adventure Divas" documentary series.
- Documentary filmmaker Holly Morris
- Håkan Frändén, tour guide from Stockholm
- Pål Johansen, tour guide from Oslo
- Anastasia Gaitanou, tour guide/historian from Thessaloniki, Greece
- Holly Morris has produced and hosted the public television documentary series "Adventure Divas."
- Holly highlights some of the people she met in Adventure Divas, in her documentary "The Babushkas of Chernobyl." She's also presented a TED talk about the women living in the Chernobyl exclusion zone.
- Wikipedia shows a photo of a rune stone in its entry on Norse mythology.
- American author Dan McCoy has assembled a useful website, "Norse Mythology for Smart People."
- A guide to the stave churches you can visit in Norway.
- The Viking Ship Museum is in Oslo.
- The English-language website pages for the Acropolis Museum, and the Acropolis Restoration Service.
- Anastasia Gaitanou is a member of the World Federation of Tourist Guides Association.