Program 475: Budapest Riverwalk; Understanding the Brexit Vote
Release Date: 02-18-2017
We'll take an audio stroll along the bustling banks of the Danube as it flows through the scenic heart of Budapest. Then we'll hear from some Brits about what motivated them to vote for or against leaving the European Union, and about what makes them fearful — or optimistic — for the years ahead.
- Peter Polczman, tour guide from Budapest
- George Farkas, tour guide from Budapest
- Liz Boardman, tour guide from Bath, England
- Colin Mairs, tour guide from Glasgow, Scotland
- Jeanie Carmichael, tour guide from London
- Lynn Corken, tour guide from Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Mark Seymour, tour guide from Bath
- A list, with photos, of the many scenic bridges that span the Danube in Budapest.
- The Great Market Hall in Budapest is a popular and inexpensive place to buy groceries.
- The Shoe Memorial on the Danube Embankment is one of Budapest's most emotionally moving sites.
- A calendar of events held at the Mupa Music Hall in Budapest.
- Peter Polczman provides private tours of Budapest.
- BBC News summarizes the Brexit vote and its implications.
- The history of Common Law in England.
- A history of the European Union.
- Colin Mairs has a website about his tour guiding excursions across Scotland and New Zealand.
- Mark Seymour specializes in tours of Britain and northwestern France.