Program 484: Macedonia; Senior Nomads
Release Date: 05-13-2017
"Senior nomads" Michael and Debbie Campbell discuss their travels among home shares around the world — and why, after three years, they plan to keep on globe-trotting full time. And we'll hear what makes the republic of Macedonia, in the southern Balkans, one of tour guide David Willett's favorite destinations anywhere.
- Tour guide David Willett
- "Senior Nomads" Debbie and Michael Campbell
- Wikipedia has detailed information about the Republic of Macedonia.
- The lakeside town of Ohrid in Macedonia is one of Europe's oldest settlements, and is a United Nations World Heritage Site.
- Tour guide David Willett conducts tours that start in Thessaloniki, Greece, conclude on Corfu, and include time in Macedonia and Albania.
- Michael and Debbie Campbell write about living fulltime in AirBnB rentals in more than 50 countries, in their book, "Your Keys Our Home."
- Conde Nast Traveler wrote about the Campbells' adventures in 2016, and the New York Times featured "the senior nomads" in 2015.
- The Rick Steves Travel Store sells packing cubes which Michael Campbell enjoys using to organize his luggage.
- Information for obtaining a Schengen Visa for extended stays in Europe.