Program 485: Germany Open Phones; 1,000 Places to See in the US
Release Date: 05-27-2017
Join us to get a German perspective on Deutschland's recent emergence as the leading nation of the European Union, and stay tuned as our tour-guide guests take calls to help listeners plan memorable German getaways. Then get ready for your summer road trip with recommendations from Patricia Schultz, author of "1,000 Places to See in the USA and Canada Before You Die."
- Holger Zimmer and Carolina Marburger, tour guides based in Berlin
- German tour guide Fabian Rueger
- Patricia Schultz, author of "1000 Places to See Before You Die" and "1000 Places to See in the U.S. and Canada Before You Die" (Workman Publishing)
- Wikipedia provides a detailed guide to Dresden and the recently-restored Frauenkirche.
- Information about the island of Hiddensee in the Baltic Sea.
- Trip Advisor provides guides to Lubeck, Eisenach, and Leipzig, Germany.
- Tips for visiting Wartburg Castle.
- The English language version of the Luther 2017 website includes special events in Germany for the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation.
- Caller Louise visited the Eberbach Monastery and Winery, not far from Wiesbaden.
- Holgar Zimmer also works as a producer at Kulturradio in Berlin.
- Patricia Schultz wrote the third edition of "1,000 Places to See in the U.S. and Canada Before You Die" which includes recommendations for noteworthy sites in all 50 states and each Canadian province.