Program 499: Fly Fishing; Spain 2017; Destination Earth
Release Date: 09-30-2017
The author of a guidebook series on fly fishing explains why it's such a popular sport worldwide. Then tour guides from Spain take listener calls to share up-to-date-advice for planning a great Spanish getaway. And a seasoned world explorer shares lessons learned on the road that could well transform your own daily life back at home.
- Chris Santella, author of "Why I Fly Fish" and the "50 Places" recreation guidebook series (Abrams Books)
- Spanish tour guides Federico Garcia-Barroso, Francisco Glária, Jorge Román
- Nicos Hadjicostis, author of "Destination Earth" (Bamboo Leaf Press)
- Chris Santella also has published two illustrated guidebooks that each highlight "50 Places to Fly Fish" around the world.
- Tour guide Federico Garcia Barroso is based in Madrid.
- Tour guide Francisco Glária specializes in the Navarra region of Spain from his home base in Pamplona.
- Paradores Nacionales offers lodging and dining in historic locations around Spain.
- Nicos Hadjicostis was recently a keynote speaker at an Air BnB conference on the future of travel.
More about Spain - A listener in Nebraska gets advice from Rick and the guides on which cities to visit on an upcoming one-week family trip to Spain. (runs 4:27)