Program 517: The EU from Brussels; Solo Women Travelers; Teresa Bruce
Release Date: 03-10-2018
Rick gets a perspective on current issues the European Union is facing, from a geo-political friend in Brussels. Three women travel guides to Europe describe what it requires for women to feel comfortable traveling solo. Plus, author Teresa Bruce describes retracing a road trip from Oregon to Bolivia down the Pan American Highway.
- Hilbren Buys, university geopolitical lecturer and tour guide from Brussels
- Sarah Murdoch, tour guide based in Seattle
- Lisa Friend, tour consultant and guide based in Seattle
- Anna Piperato, tour guide based in Siena, Italy
- Teresa Bruce, author of "The Drive" (Seal Press)
- Hilbren Buys can be contacted for custom tours of the Low Countries through the TasteTheCity.be website.
- Sarah Murdoch blogs about women's travel and packing light on her AdventuresWithSarah.net website.
- American-born Anna Piperato now lives in Siena, Italy.
- Teresa Bruce, author of "The Drive," posts photos from both Pan-American road trips on her TeresaBruceBooks.com website.
- Teresa presented a TED talk a few years ago about learning the wisdom in quitting an unrealistic goal that her mother had set for her.
More with Hilbren Buys - Hilbren Buys explains why he supports the monarchy in Belgium, and why he believes a royal family is an asset to many modern European countries. (runs 1:59)