Program 520: Saigon's Bui Vien Street; Spain 2018
Release Date: 04-07-2018
An expat living in Saigon describes the bustle of Ho Chi Minh City’s famous Bui Vien Street, and explains why this backpacker district has recently become a weekend destination for local families. Then tour guides from Spain share updates and travel tips for the land of tapas and toreadors.
- Saigon-based tour guide Dave Fox, author of "Globejotting" (Inkwater Press)
- Amanda Buttinger and Federico García Barroso, tour guides based in Madrid
- Francisco Glária, tour guide based in Pamplona
- Dave Fox's Globejotting.com website includes travel writing tips. He also coaches travelers on keeping a journal at the TravelJournaling.com website. Dave hosts monthly travel interview podcasts at Ex-Pat Radio.
- Bui Vien Street gets mixed reviews from Trip Advisor travelers.
- Tour guide Federico García Barroso is based in Madrid, and Francisco Glária specializes in the Navarra region of Spain from his home base in Pamplona.
- Francisco notes that the Baztan Valley in the Pyrenees is culturally important to the Basque people.