Program 540: Living Abroad in Japan; TV Fan's Britain
Release Date: 10-06-2018
The author of "Living Abroad in Japan" offers tips for making yourself feel at home in Japan, no matter how long your visit. Then Rick talks to tour guides from England about scenic filming locations you can visit in Britain.
- Ruthy Kanagy, author of "Living Abroad: Japan" (Moon-Avalon Travel)
- Roy Nicholls, tour guide from Dorset, England
- Gillian Chadwick, tour guide from London
- Ruthy posts photos from her bike tours of eastern Hokkaido on her Living Abroad in Japan website.
- The Japan Times talks about the popular Shikoku Pilgrimage Route.
- Highclere Castle was the filming location for Downton Abby.
- A number of popular shows, including The Vicar of Dibley, have been filmed in the picturesque village of Turville.
- In North Yorkshire, Whitby is the setting for Bram Stoker's Dracula. The World of James Harriot exhibit is in his former house and veterinary surgery in the village of Thirsk, as depicted in All Creatures Great and Small. The North Yorkshire Moors Railway is also a popular filming site for classic steam trains.
- Trip Savvy has information on getting tickets for TV show tapings in London.
- The Royal Television Society is the organization that sponsored the Poldark reception that caller Jorie attended while visiting London. It is a comprehensive resource for understanding the world of television in the UK.