Program 544: Bulgarian Feast; Gascony Gastronomy; Italian Olive Oil
Release Date: 11-17-2018
Find out what made Bulgaria one of Europe's most interesting places to eat. Food writer David McAninch reveals what makes the culinary traditions of Gascony tastier than in the rest of France. Plus, discover what Italians expect in a good olive oil.
- Bulgarian tour guide Stefan Bozadzhiev
- Food writer David McAninch, author of "Duck Season" (Harper Collins)
- Italy-based tour guides Ann Long from Sorrento and Alfio diMauro from Sicily
- Stefan Bozadzhiev provides tours of Bulgaria through Lyuba Tours, based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- David McAninch is features editor at Chicago magazine. He wrote "Duck Season" about his family's experience living in the Gers region of Gascony.
- David wrote about eating in Gascony in a cover story for the travel section of the New York Times.
- An explanation of the DOP designation on food products sold in Italy.
More with Alfio DiMauro - Rick asks Sicilian tour guide Alfio DiMauro about the variety of olives you can find for sale in southern Italy. (runs 1:53)