Program 569: National Park Experiences; Northland; San Francisco Day Trips
Release Date: 06-29-2019
Writer Porter Fox tells us what he discovered when he followed the US-Canada border from Maine to Washington State. Then, writer and photographer Becky Lomax shares her favorite National Park experiences. And guidebook author Kimberley Lovato recommends day trip options for enjoying beaches, redwood groves, and wineries within easy reach of San Francisco.
- Becky Lomax, author of "USA National Parks" (Moon)
- Porter Fox, author of "Northland" (W.W. Norton)
- Kimberley Lovato, co-author of "100 Things to Do in San Francisco Before You Die" (Reedy Press)
- Becky Lomax has compiled a detailed list of tips on accommodations, activities, and highlights for all 59 national parks around the United States, in her Moon guidebook, "USA National Parks."
- Porter Fox wrote about the start of his journey in the north woods of Maine for the New York Times. He writes about his borderland journey in his book "Northland." Porter is also editor of the online literary travel magazine "Nowhere."
- Kimberley Lovato is co-author of "100 Things to Do in San Francisco Before You Die."