Program 578: Walking Ljubljana; Munich and Bavaria; Wild Animals
Release Date: 09-21-2019
The co-author of Rick's Eastern Europe guidebook and a Ljubljana-based tour guide discuss the laid-back charms of Slovenia's capital. Then a tour guide from Munich explains how to become a temporary Bavarian at Oktoberfest. And an adventure traveler shares why even the creepiest critters deserve a little respect.
- Cameron Hewitt, co-author of the "Rick Steves Eastern Europe" guidebooks
- Barbara Jakopič, tour guide based in Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Munich-born tour guide Daniela Wedel
- Adventure traveler Marty Essen, author of "Endangered Edens" (Encante Press)
- The Rick Steves guide to Ljubljana.
- Daniela Wedel includes information about her custom tour services on her Treasure-Europe Travels website.
- You can view Rick's TV special "The Story of Facism in Europe" online.
- Marty Essen includes photos from his travels and information about his "Around the World in 90 Minutes" presentation on his website. His eco-tourism books include "Endangered Edens."
More with Marty Essen - Wilderness explorer Marty Essen tells Rick about learning to view camouflaged animals on a wilderness hike, the importance of watching your step where deadly snakes are known to hang out, and the tiny poison dart frog. (runs 3:33)