Program 581: Recoleta Cemetery; Spooky Atlas Obscura; Near the Exit
Release Date: 10-26-2019
Just in time for Halloween and Day of the Dead, meet some of the famous residents of Buenos Aires' Recoleta Cemetery. Then take an armchair expedition to some of the spookiest places in the Atlas Obscura catalog. And hear what an Episcopal deacon has learned about how people around the world deal with death.
- Tour guide Robert Wright
- "Atlas Obscura" co-founder and creative director Dylan Thuras
- Lori Erickson, author of "Near the Exit" (Westminster John Knox Press)
- Robert Wright's website includes photos and a guide to the Recoleta Cemetery in Buenos Aires.
- Dylan Thuras is a co-founder of Atlas Obscura. Its best-selling book is now out in its second edition.
- Rick provides a self-guided walking tour of Pere Lechaise Cemetery in Paris (scroll to near the bottom of the linked page).
- Lori Erickson is the author of "Near the Exit." Lori also writes about her travels to spiritually-important places around the world in her book "Holy Rover," and offers suggestions for visiting spiritually-significant locales on her SpiritualTravels.info website.
- Photos from the Crestone, Colorado End of Life Project.