Program 587: Cod in Portugal; Eating in Naples; Christmas Travels
Release Date: 12-14-2019
Find out why cod is an important comfort food in Portugal, and get a taste of the treats found in Naples and the Campania region of Italy. We'll also hear from listeners on what they enjoy about traveling overseas during the Christmas season, and Rick checks in with an innkeeper in Dingle to learn how the west coast of Ireland gears up for the holidays.
- Cristina Duarte, Portuguese tour guide based in Lisbon
- Robert Wright, tour guide to Portugal, based in Seville
- Alfredo Vitale and Marianna Iermano, tour guides from Naples
- Callout to Tim Collins, innkeeper in Dingle, Ireland
- Cristina Duarte's website includes information about visiting Lisbon, and her tour services.
- Robert Wright's website includes city guides to Lisbon and Buenos Aires.
- The New York Times has posted a recipe for bacalhau a bras, adapted for American audiences.
- Alfredo Vitale can be contacted through his LinkedIn page.
- Rick recommends the Via dei Tribunali in Naples for its many traditional pizzerias.
- Tim Collins and his wife Eileen operate the Kirrary Bed and Breakfast in Dingle, Ireland.