Program 598: Europe Day Hikes; Orlando 2020; Swiss Cities
Release Date: 05-09-2020
Find out how the Disney and Universal theme parks compete for your time and money, and what other things you can plan to enjoy when attractions open up again in Orlando and central Florida. And get inspired to build a day hike into your travel plans or explore the attractions of Switzerland's most interesting cities the next time you're in Europe.
- Cassandra Overby, author of "Explore Europe on Foot" (Mountaineers Press)
- Jason Cochran, author of Frommer's "Disney, Universal and Orlando 2020" guidebook
- Mirjam Grob, tour guide from Lausanne, Switzerland
- Cassandra Overby is the author of "Explore Europe on Foot," which includes mile by mile information for short and long-distance walking trails. It's published by Mountaineers Books.
- Jason Cochran is editor-in-chief at Frommer's and updates its "Disney, Universal and Orlando" guidebook each year. His latest book, "Here Lies America," describes his discoveries on an American history road trip. Jason will be back with Rick to discuss that in July.
- Visitor information for the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral, and for Everglades National Park.
- The Rick Steves online destination guide to Switzerland includes information about Bern, Luzern, and Zurich. Lausanne is included in the link to "Lake Geneva & French Switzerland."
- Frau Gerolds Garten is a popular outdoor establishment for drinks with a view of the Zurich train station.