Program 603: Millennial Netherlands; Walking Edinburgh; Week in Andalucía
Release Date: 06-06-2020
A pair of millennial tour guides from the Netherlands describe the fun their generation looks forward to having again when their country returns to normal. Scottish guides recommend stops to explore when you walk the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. Hear what you shouldn't miss when you visit the Andalucía region of southern Spain. And Rick develops a case of "Venus envy" in the museums of Europe.
- Jody and Ruby van Engelsdorp, tour guides from the Netherlands
- Helen Houston and Liz Lister, Blue Badge-certified tours guides from Scotland
- Francisco Glaria, Jorge Roman, Robert Wright, tour guides from Spain
- Gene Openshaw, co-author of "Europe’s Top 100 Masterpieces" and "Europe 101" (Avalon Travel)
- Jody van Engelsdorp can be contacted from her Instagram page.
- Helen Houston specializes in tours of the historic town and castle at Stirling.
- Liz Lister provides custom walking tours and transportation transfers in Edinburgh.
- Rick offers a complimentary audio walking tour of Edinburgh's Royal Mile.
- Information about the Grayfriars Bobby statue in Edinburgh.
- The Andalucia region of southern Spain includes eight different provinces.
- Jorge Roman posts to Facebook under "Traveling with Jorge @ World on the Road Again."
- Tour guide Robert Wright is based in Seville, His website includes photos of Semana Santa activities in Seville.
- Francisco Glaria is based in Pamplona.
- Gene Openshaw is Rick's co-author on their latest title, Europe's Top 100 Masterpieces: Art for the Traveler.
- The Uffizi Gallery in Florence provides information about Boticell's masterpiece Birth of Venus.