Program 607: Romantic Bridges and Little Museums of Paris; Burgundy
Release Date: 07-11-2020
There's always something new to discover and enjoy when you visit Paris. We'll take a closer look at the beautiful bridges that set the stage for a romantic walk along the Seine as well as the marvels and delights you can find in the city's many specialty museums and galleries. And for the pleasure of slowing down to savor the moment, we'll explore Burgundy, a couple hours south of the capital.
- Elaine Sciolino, author of "The Seine: The River that Made Paris" (W. W. Norton)
- Emma Jacobs, author of "The Little(r) Museums of Paris: An Illustrated Guide to the City's Hidden Gems" (RunningPress)
- Julie Sonveau, tour guide based in Burgundy
- Patrick Vidal, French tour guide based in Brittany
- Elaine Sciolino is a longtime Paris-based correspondent for the New York Times. Her latest book about Paris is "The Seine: The River That Made Paris."
- Kirkus Reviews named "The Seine" one of the best books of 2019.
- Emma Jacobs is the author and illustrator of "The Little(r) Museums of Paris."
- The Paris Museum Pass offers discounts for multiple venues.
- Emma describes a few of her favorite specialty Paris museums that children might enjoy visiting.
- The Rick Steves website has online interviews with France tour guides Patrick Vidal and Julie Sonveau.