Program 615: Places to Fly Fish; Monsoon Postcards; Copenhagen
Release Date: 09-26-2020
Get inspired to fly-fish in some of the world's most beautiful waters; hear what challenges people overcome every day in the countries that border the Indian Ocean; and get ready to enjoy yourself in convivial Copenhagen.
- Chris Santella, author of "Why I Fly Fish" and the "50 Places" recreation guidebook series (Abrams Books)
- David Mould, author of "Monsoon Postcards" (Ohio University Press)
- Copenhagen-native tour guide Nina Seffusatti
- Chris Santella is the author of "Why I Fly Fish," "50 Places to Fly Fish Before You Die," and other recreation guidebooks published by Abrams Books.
- David Mould is the author of "Monsoon Postcards," which is published by Ohio University Press.
- David writes about the significance of borders in his forthcoming book "Postcards from the Borderlands."
- The shopping district of Copenhagen called Strøget has one of the largest pedestrian shopping streets in Europe.
- Several of Danish sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen's works are included on his Wikipedia entry.
- Copenhagen's Christiania neighborhood is described on Travel with Rick Steves program #510A, from June 2020.
More with David Mould - Researcher David Mould, author of "Monsoon Postcards," explains to Rick the lasting colonial legacy in South Asia, and how Bangladesh and Pakistan were formed as independent. (runs 4:40)