Program 627: Guanajuato & Querétaro; Patricia Schultz Places to See; Where I Really Want to Go
Release Date: 01-30-2021
With a global pandemic playing havoc with travel plans, we can take refuge in our fondest travel memories and look at places to go next. We'll explore what the picturesque cities of central Mexico have to offer. And the author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die recommends some of her favorite destinations. Plus, listeners share where they hope to visit once it's safe to travel overseas again.
- Julie Meade, author of the "Moon San Miguel de Allende" guidebook (Avalon Travel)
- Patricia Schultz, author of "1000 Places to See Before You Die" and "1000 Places to See in the U.S. and Canada Before You Die" (Workman Publishing)
- Wikipedia calls Mexico's Bajío one of the fastest growing regions in the country.
- Julie Meade is the author of Moon Mexico City and the Moon San Miguel de Allende guidebook, which includes extensive sections on Guanajuato and Querétaro.
- Julie tells us more about San Miguel de Allende on Travel with Rick Steves program #596 from March 2020, and about Mexico City on program #577 from September 2019.
- The "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" book series by Patricia Schultz includes a recently-issued large coffeetable deluxe edition, illustrated with more than 1,000 scenic photographs she selected.
- While Rick hasn't featured Slovakia on his TV show yet, he does feature information about its capital Bratislava on his website.
- Caller Judy is using the Greenways Travel Club for a self-guided hike from Vienna to Prague.
- Caller Jack is also the author of several novels and mystery books set in Italy, including the three-part "Milan Thriller Series."