Program 631: The Ravenmaster; Future Travel; Tour Business in 2021
Release Date: 03-06-2021
A Yeoman Warder at the Tower of London explains why a British legend about ravens is being put to the test. A New York Times reporter tells us how people are hoping to travel safely again. The head of Perillo Tours describes how his company dealt with the loss of business over the past year. And Rick reveals how he got the notion to become a travel writer more than 40 years ago on the moors of England.
- Christopher Skaife is a Yeoman Warder at the thousand-year old fortress, the Tower of London. He's written "The Ravenmaster" about his duties caring for the Tower's ravens. Christopher posts about his work on Twitter.
- The Guardian wrote about the missing raven in January 2021.
- Tariro Mzezewa reports on the travel industry for the New York Times. She writes about a possible "vaccine passport" in our near-term travels.
- Steve Perillo is CEO of Perillo Tours. He's also a contemporary classical music composer. His well-known TV commercials in the New York metropolitan area were spoofed by Adam Sandler on Saturday Night Live.
- Steve Perillo speaks with the National Organization of Italian-Americans in Film & Television about the impacts of the Covid pandemic on his tour business.
More with Christopher Skaif - Ravenmaster Christopher Skaif tells Rick that women are now being included among the ranks of the Yeoman Warders at the Tower of London. (runs 1:24)