Program 632: Galway; A Week in Ireland; Brittany
Release Date: 03-13-2021
We'll help you start your travel plans for when the pandemic is behind us with an all-Celtic hour. Tour guides from Ireland offer insider advice for visiting Galway and the west of Ireland, and for planning a week's itinerary to the Emerald Isle. We'll also pop over to the Celtic corner of France to hear what makes Brittany a special destination to visit.
- Pascal Fitzpatrick, tour guide and proprietor of Fitzpatrick's Coaches for Hire, County Monaghan, Ireland
- Stephen McPhilemy, Irish tour guide and hotelier
- Paul Corken, tour guide from Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Kieran O'Hare, Ireland tour guide and musician
- Patrick Vidal, tour guide from Brittany, France
- Requirements of the Irish government for anyone traveling to Ireland, as of the time of this broadcast, include an immediate 14-day quarantine on arrival, due to severe levels of Covid infection.
- Wikipedia has a variety of information about Galway and the surrounding attractions in the west of Ireland.
- Pascal Fitzpatrick manages the family-run Fitzpatrick Coaches tour bus for hire company in County Monaghan.
- Stephen McPhilemy operates the Milltown House B&B on the Dingle Harbour in the Republic of Ireland, and is a partner in the Hotel Oberland in Lauterbrunen, in the Swiss Alps. He now also posts videos on his own YouTube channel.
- The EPIC Genealogical Office and Irish Emigration Museum in Dublin has a list of family history resources in Ireland and in Northern Ireland.
- Paul Corken lives in Bangor, Northern Ireland, and specializes in tour guiding in his hometown of Belfast.
- Kieran O'Hare and his wife Liz Knowles are two-thirds of the traditional Irish trio Open The Door for Three.
- Barry Moloney conducts walking tours of historic Kinsale in County Cork.
- The Rick Steves online travel guide to Brittany, France.
- French tour guide Patrick Vidal is based in Brittany.
- The GR-34 hiking route follows the entire coastline of Brittany.
More with Pascal Fitzpatrick - Pascal Fitzpatrick tells Rick about the floral surprises in the rocky landscape of The Burren in County Clare. (runs 1:10)