Program 647: Algarve Coast; Fijian Customs; What Pandemic Showed Me
Release Date: 08-07-2021
Find out what makes the coastline of southern Portugal's Algarve region an ideal destination for family vacations. And learn about some of Fiji's most interesting customs as a guidebook author describes how the indigenous population of this South Pacific island nation has maintained its cultural identity. Plus listeners share tales of how the pandemic has impacted their lives and travels.
- Tour guide Cristina Duarte, based in Lisbon
- Tour guide Robert Wright, based in Seville
- Minal Hajratwala, author of the "Moon Fiji" guidebook (Avalon Travel)
- The Rick Steves online guide to Portugal's Algarve region.
- Cristina Duarte's website includes information about visiting Lisbon, and her tour services in Portugal.
- Tour guide Robert Wright is based in Seville.
- Minal Hajratwala is the author of the Moon Fiji guidebook.
- Tourism Fiji describes the country's latest coronavirus policies on its website.
- Caller Peggy from Mitchell, Oregon made the local news in Portland as she and her friends tried to return to the US from Morocco when the pandemic lockdowns began.
- Rick's Classroom Europe video series is offered for teachers to use in their classes.