Program 672: Paddle Boldly; Hape Kerkeling's Camino; Sacred New Mexico
Release Date: 04-09-2022
Kayaker Dave Ellingson tells us how he learned to savor the unexpected on a paddling adventure in Minnesota. Then German comedian Hape Kerkeling relives his hike on the famed Camino de Santiago in Spain, where he learned something new every day. And adventurer Christina Nealson recommends places in New Mexico to get in touch with both the indigenous and Spanish colonial heritage of the desert Southwest.
- David Ellingson, author of the "Paddle Pilgrim" book series (self-published)
- German comedian and TV personality Hape Kerkeling, author of "I'm Off Then" (Simon and Schuster)
- Christina Nealson, author of "New Mexico's Sanctuaries, Retreats and Sacred Places" and "Wild Road Home: Memoir of an Adventuress" (Wildwords Press)
- David Ellingson has written a series of "Paddle Pilgrim" memoirs about his kayaking adventures in North America and Norway. He's also written a children's book called "Grizz and His Friends."
- The travel journal Hape Kerkeling wrote from hiking the Camino de Santiago de Compostela across Spain, became a best-seller in Germany. The English translation of his book is called "I'm Off Then."
- Hape provides profiles on his website of some of the satirical characters he has portrayed over the years.
- Christina Nealson is an author and photographer, who writes about her adventures around the Western U.S. on her website and in her memoirs. Christina also documents her days in the Arizona desert on Facebook.
- Christina's website includes a link to a Kindle e-book edition of "New Mexico's Sanctuaries, Retreats, and Sacred Places."