Program 693: Dracula’s Romania; Spooky New Orleans; Mary Morris in India
Release Date: 10-29-2022
Uncover the truth behind Count Dracula in Romania. Find out where the most haunted house is located in New Orleans, and what's behind local customs such as voodoo and jazz funerals. Plus, hear how the cities of India surprised author Mary Morris when she traveled there to view tigers in the wild.
- Travel writer Leif Pettersen, author of "Backpacking with Dracula" (self-published)
- Sandy Hester, tour guide with Free Tours By Foot New Orleans
- Mary Morris, author of "All the Way to the Tigers" (Nan A. Talese / Doubleday)
- Leif Pettersen's website includes a tongue-in-cheek trailer for his book, "Backpacking with Dracula."
- Sandy Hester provides walking tours with Free Tours By Foot New Orleans, including its "ghost tours" of the city.
- Mary Morris teaches writing at Sarah Lawrence College, and has written more than a dozen novels and works of non-fiction. Her memoir that centers on her experiences in India is "All the Way to the Tigers."