Program 702: Touring Bath; Joy of Travel Writing; Ghost Dance in Berlin
Release Date: 01-21-2023
Soak in the history and the splendor of Bath, where Georgian architecture and mineral waters make it one of England's most attractive cities. Get a behind-the-scenes look at what happens when a travel writer researches guidebooks. And hear how Peter Wortsman's Jewish heritage forces him to grapple with some powerful ghosts from the past in Berlin.
- Roy Nicholls, tour guide based in Dorset, England
- Cameron Hewitt, author of "The Temporary European" (Travelers Tales)
- Playwright Peter Wortsman, author of "Ghost Dance in Berlin" (Travelers Tales)
- Roy Nichols blogs about the backroads of England at his Travel With Roy website.
- The Rick Steves online guide to Bath, England.
- Readers at Goodreads.com have high praise for Cameron Hewitt's book, "The Temporary European." Cameron shares thoughts on European travel in 2023, and introduces us to how the Glagolitic alphabet is used on the new Croatian Euro coins, in some of his recent blog postings.
- Playwright and translator Peter Wortsman is the author of "Ghost Dance In Berlin: A Rhapsody in Gray."
- Advance registration is now required to visit the dome of the Reichstag Building in Berlin. It is free of charge.
- The "stolpersteine" are stumbling stones that commemorate past residents of Berlin.