Program 724: Tangier; Costa Rica's Pura Vida; Lingo of Europe
Release Date: 08-19-2023
Guidebook authors from Morocco and Costa Rica explain why Tangier serves as a handy entry point into Morocco, discuss the meaning of "pura vida" in the tropical abundance of Costa Rica — and tell their story of an overseas trip that led them to fall in love and make a new life for themselves. And a Dutch linguist advocates for learning more about the evolution of Europe's languages as a fun way for travelers to deepen their cultural experiences.
- Lucas Peters, author of the "Moon Morocco" guidebooks
- Nikki Solano, author of the "Moon Costa Rica" guidebooks
- Linguist Gaston Dorren, author of "Lingo: Around Europe in Sixty Languages" and "Babel: Around the World in Twenty Languages" (Grove Atlantic)
- Lucas Peters writes the Moon Morocco guidebooks, and also operates Journey Beyond Travel from Tangier for custom tours in Morocco. Lucas also posts photos and videos of Morocco on YouTube and other social media platforms under "Journey Beyond Travel."
- Nikki Solano writes the Moon Costa Rica guidebooks.
- Nikki and her husband Ricky also provide custom tours in Costa Rica, and write the Costa Rica Travel Blog.
- Linguist Gaston Dorren is the author of "Lingo: Around Europe in Sixty Languages," and "Babel: Around the World in Twenty Languages."
More with Gaston Doren - Rick and linguist Gaston Doren, author of 'Lingo" and "Babel," talk to caller Scott in Nevada about language faux pas and misunderstandings they've all made. (runs 3:22)