Program 318a: Springtime in Basque Country; Irish Song
Release Date: 03-20-2021
You'll find one of the oldest cultures in Europe along the Atlantic coast of Spain and France. We'll explore Basque Country with two guides who have deep family roots in the region. We'll also visit the island of Innishmore in Ireland's Aran Islands. And we'll extend our St. Patrick's Day observance by hearing how nearly every town in Ireland comes with its own special song.
- Agustín Ciriza, tour guide from San Sebastian (Donostia), Spain
- Francisco Glária, tour guide from Pamplona, Spain
- Innishmore Ireland feature hosted and produced by Sarah McCormic
- Liam O'Riordan, tenor from Blarney, County Cork, Ireland
- Stephen McPhilemy, tour guide from Derry, Northern Ireland
- Agustín Ciriza leads Basque Country tours from his base in San Sebastian, Spain.
- Francisco Glária lives in Pamplona, and leads small group tours in Spain's Navarra region and Basque Country.
- The Rick Steves online guide to the Basque Country region of Spain and to the Basque Country in France.
- Trip Advisor lists activities to do on Ireland's Aran Islands, and ferry information for getting there.
- Stephen McPhilemy's tour guiding contact information is at Essential Ireland Tours.com.