Program 444a: Urban Australia; Epic Family Road Trip; Nordic Cousins
Release Date: 08-22-2020
Get an inside look at the mostly friendly rivalry between Sweden and Norway (naturally, it comes with a few old jokes). We'll also meet the traveling Elliott family, who visited Rick in the middle of a pre-Covid, cross-country road trip; they have tips for making a long road trip work for the whole family. And we'll explore Australia's urbanized east coast, from Melbourne to Brisbane.
- David Willett, tour guide based in Australia
- Travel writer Christopher Elliott and family
- Håkan Franden, tour guide based in Stockholm
- Pål Johansen, tour guide based in Oslo
- Australia resident David Willett also specializes in historical tours of Greece.
- The Sydney Morning Herald summarizes how Australia is dealing with the Covid-19 epidemic.
- The Visit New South Wales website also has current latest information on Covid-19 restrictions in Australia. It includes a guide to rural Tamworth, New South Wales, which is known as the heart of Australia's Country Music industry.
- Christopher Elliott writes weekly consumer advice and travel articles, which appear in many major newspapers. His Elliott.org website hosts a travelers' consumer help forum online.
- Chris includes advice on traveling with kids on his Away Is Home website. His partner Kari Hugueto posted blog reports from their 2015 road trip there.
- Pål Johansen offers private tours in Norway, and posts videos about his life in Oslo on his website.
- There are websites that list the jokes Scandinavians tell about one another.