Program 482a: Sevilla April Fair; Walking England; City Squares
Release Date: 04-10-2021
A tour guide from Sevilla explains how the annual April Fair will animate her city again when the pandemic is finished. Guides from England share their favorite places to enjoy your own piece of the English countryside, on any of the hundreds of walking trails in Britain. And we explore how public squares can make all the difference in how a great city defines itself.
- Concepcion Delgado, local tour guide based in Seville, Spain
- Roy Nicholls, Gillian Chadwick, Tom Hooper, tour guides based in England
- Catie Marron, author of "City Squares" (Harper Collins)
- The Spring Fería in Seville has been postponed for 2021, due to the global Covid pandemic.
- Rick writes about the festival atmosphere in Seville.
- Concepción Delgado is part of the tour guide team at SevillaWalkingTours.com.
- The Rick Steves travel guide to southwest Portugal's Algarve region.
- The Ramblers organize specialty walks from chapters across Britain.
- The first public "mass trespass" of Kinder Scout was held on April 24, 1932.
- A guide to the major National Trails of England and Wales.
- Online tour guide interviews with Gillian Chadwick, Tom Hooper, and Roy Nicholls.
- Catie Marron is the author/editor of "City Squares" and "City Parks."
- Catie spoke with Rick about the High Line park in New York on Travel with Rick Steves program #525 in May 2018.