Program 505a: Gili Islands; All-Season Australia; Unforgettable Travels
Release Date: 04-25-2020
We revisit interviews from 2017 about the motor-free Gili Islands of Indonesia as alternatives to the crowded tourist scene on nearby Bali. A guide from Australia shares all-season recommendations for getting away from it all Down Under. And listeners tell us about their most memorable travel adventures.
- Travel writer Dave Seminara, author of "Bed, Breakfast & Drunken Threats" (Jean-Albert Dadas Press)
- Tour guide David Willett from Coal Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
- Dave Seminara distills some of his most memorable travel encounters in his book "Bed, Breakfast & Drunken Threats: Dispatches from the Margins of Europe." Dave wrote about visiting the Gili Islands for the New York Times.
- David Willett can be reached about his custom guiding on Linked In.
- David recommends visiting the natural beauty of the Atherton Tableland, and Uluru (not in the summertime) in central Australia to learn about aboriginal spirituality and culture.
- King's Day in the Netherlands is celebrated on King Willem-Alexander's birthday, April 27.
- Caller Chris, the "Scone Lady," blogs about her travels walking around England, and the warm scones she's enjoyed at tea time at sconetherapy.blogspot.com. She says her favorite tearoom in England is the Digey Foodroom in St. Ives, Cornwall. However, it is reported to have gone out of business in February 2020.